Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Joy of Autism

A great blog that everyone should check out is The Joy of Autism. As a parent of a seven year old with autism, I wanted to find a blog on the topic of autism. There are a wealth of blogs on the topic of autism, but this one quickly jumped out at me. So many people don't see the joy in raising an autistic child. We get so caught up in planning, and therapies, and IEPs that we sometimes forget to take joy in how special autistic children are.

Joy is not what Adam will become. My joy comes from living with him, from
possibilities that I don’t invest in too heavily. Joy comes from being with
Adam, and what he reveals to me every day.

The author,Estee Klar-Wolfond, of this blog offers a view of autism that often we forget to see. My son Noah is a unique and special little person that I wouldn't change for the world.


Anyone who is interested in learning more about autism should visit AutismSpeaks.org.

1 comment:

DrW said...

What a gift to see the beauty of every child - the joy each on brings to our lives and the footprints they leave on our hearts!